A Plan for Improvement
The Milwaukee Health Care Partnership brings together health care providers, government agencies, and community organizations to develop an implement a plan for improvement. Through advocacy and action, we are working together to created a healthier Milwaukee.
- Expand government funded insurance coverage for low-income individuals
- Reach out and enroll those who are eligible in public or Marketplace health insurance
- Support sustainable funding and adequate reimbursement policy for the State Medicaid programs
- Expand primary care capacity for low-income and uninsured individuals
- Ensure access to specialty tests and procedures
- Enhance access to behavioral health services
- Expand access to dental care
- Increase access to affordable medications
- Enhance care coordination between emergency departments and primary care medical homes
- Provide navigation support across the health care delivery system
- Improve care management for individuals with chronic health conditions
- Improve health care for high need populations defined by clinical, demographic, geographic and payer determinants.
- Participate in cross-sector initiatives that influence community health, such as public safety, neighborhood and economic development, education, and public health collaborations.
Levels of Engagement
The Milwaukee Health Care Partnership’s annual plan advances its mission through:
- initiatives that it directly sponsors and leads
- programs led by other organizations in which it participates, and may provide financial or in-kind support
- activities led by others that it monitors and may influence, for improved health outcomes and policy advancement