Aligning resources, growing support.
The Milwaukee Health Care Partnership (MHCP) secures new and facilitates existing public and private funding and in-kind resources in support of its work. As an unincorporated, managed consortium, the MHCP utilizes the fiscal agency of its members to receive and distribute grants and support, most commonly through Columbia St. Mary’s. The MHCP identifies, cultivates, and solicits funding sources, and serves as a clearinghouse for grant opportunities and collaboration among its members.
To date, the MHCP has secured and distributed more than $43 million:
- Nearly $7 million in extramural funds: provided by funders to the MHCP or raised by the MHCP on behalf of members to support key initiatives.
- $3.8 million pledged through the jointly sponsored United Way – MHCP Health Improvement Fund: a United Way challenge grant as part of their annual campaign that is reinvested back into community organizations and clinics in support of MHCP priorities.
- More than $36 million in health system shared community investments by way of the MHCP Shared Community Investment Fund: pooled health system contributions, allocated on an annual basis to community clinics and other partners in alignment with MHCP shared priorities (expanding access, building capacity, and enhancing care coordination).
Current and former funders of sponsored initiatives include:
- Alliance of Health Insurers
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Assurant Health Foundation
- Charles E. Kubly Foundation
- Chorus Community Health Plan
- City of Milwaukee Health Department
- Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative
- Covering Wisconsin
- Dohmen Company Foundation
- Faye McBeath Foundation
- Greater Milwaukee Business Foundation on Health
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA)
- Helen Bader Foundation
- independent Care Health Plan (iCare)
- Managed Health Services
- Medical College of Wisconsin’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment – Healthier Wisconsin Partnership Program
- Medical Society of Milwaukee County
- Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services
- Milwaukee Mental Health Consultants/Irving H. Raffe Fund at the Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Molina Healthcare
- Network Health
- Northwestern Mutual Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Rogers Memorial Hospital
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha Counties
- Wellpoint Foundation
- Wisconsin Hospital Association Foundation
- Zilber Family Foundation