Leadership & Structure
Leader driven for sustained results.
The Milwaukee Health Care Partnership (MHCP) operates under a Leadership Council, comprised of senior executives of the private members and government entities. The organization operates as an unincorporated managed consortium. Fiscal agency is provided by Ascension Wisconsin.
Leadership Council Members
- Dr. Lyle Ignace, Gerald L. Ignace Indian Health Center
- Dr. Tito Izard, Milwaukee Health Services Inc
- Dr. Angela Sanders, Outreach Community Health Centers
- Jenni Sevenich, Progressive Community Health Centers
- Dr. Julie Schuller, Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
- Carrie Killoran, Advocate Aurora Health
- Dr. Peter Stamas, Ascension Wisconsin
- Scott Turner, Children’s Wisconsin
- Eric Conley, Froedtert Health
- Commissioner Kirsten Johnson, City of Milwaukee Health Department
- Shakita LaGrant, Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services
- Secretary Karen Timberlake, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Lisa Olson, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and Medicaid Division
- Dr. Chris Decker, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Joanne Alig, Wisconsin Hospital Association
- Stephanie Harrison, Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association
Joy R. Tapper serves as the MHCP executive director, managing the consortium’s initiatives, which include significant contributed expertise from its members. Currently, about 100 health care leaders and providers participate in over a dozen initiatives and workgroups.
MHCP operations are funded through member contributions, each assessed relative to their size. Program and project activities are funded through a blend of member support and philanthropy.
The MHCP Leadership Council oversees the development of an annual operating plan, with strategies and tactics supporting each of its four goals:
- Securing and retaining adequate and affordable health insurance for all
- Increasing availability, accessibility and acceptability of health care services
- Enhancing care coordination and navigation within and across the delivery system
- Identifying and addressing targeted community health needs